Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My Paradox of Tranquility

The title....where did it come from? Dictionary.com's definition of Paradox is: contradiction, puzzle, problem, illusion, misconception. Dictionary.com's definition of Tranquility is peace, quite, calmness, harmony. However opposite these two words are, they actually fit together for me to describe my thoughts and feelings. I am often experiencing some type of storm, but im always striving for calm. As crazy as it sounds, sometimes i think i need contradiction in order to experience harmony. I have blogged before on other sites, but never actually created a blog that people could follow. I love to write, but always seem to find excuses not to. So my New Years Resolution for 2010 will be to commit to writing more often. I have so many thoughts that come into my head that sometimes i cant even make sense of them. So I'm planning for this will be my whiteboard for an unsolvable math problem that i call LIFE. When i think about it, my life experiences are exactly like a difficult math problem...a puzzle.....a paradox. The problem comes up and i try over and over again to solve it. Writing it out and working through it...only to find that i got to the wrong place or ended up going no where and now have to erase what i had done and start over. Failing repeatedly and beginning again....until by chance it gets figured out. Then for the moment i am at peace....feeling tranquil. I hope that you will join me in the journey....read my blogs and comment as you see fit. Cardinal Newman once said "Growth is the only evidence of life". I certainly expect to grow through this process. Another favorite quote of mine by someone anonymous is "Life is a handful of short stories, pretending to be a novel". Bring it on 2010. And so begins my novel.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Court!
    This seems apropos. From John Lennon's 'Watching the Wheels':

    'People asking questions lost in confusion,
    Well I tell them there's no problem,
    Only solutions,
    Well they shake their heads and they look at me as if I've lost my mind,
    I tell them there's no hurry...
    I'm just sitting here doing time,

    I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round,
    I really love to watch them roll,
    No longer riding on the merry-go-round,
    I just had to let it go.'

    Bill

    ReplyDelete